in an effort to de-stash, i was thinking about giving away some of my yarn to friends. but now with these hiding techniques, i don't have to!
= = = = =
Lily Chin's Top 10 Ways to Hide the Stash
1. Tape a bag of yarn to the underside of all the chairs - who'll know???
2. Put a slipcover over a bag of yarn, stick it on the couch, call it a pillow.
3. Remove the cushions of the couch, stuff with yarn instead.
4. There are narrow books that don't reach all the way to the back of the bookshelf That dead space behind such books is good for several skeins.
5. Do you wear ALL your shoes at the same time? No, stick a skein of yarn in each unworn shoe (boots are great for this very reason).
6. Everyone has clothes in the closet that are never, ever worn. Sew up the bottoms of the garments, insert yarn. Do not forget to sew up bottoms of sleeves. There's enough in each sleeve for more than a bag's worth.
7. Never cook, only order take-out or go to restaurants. You've now got the whole oven!
8. Look to the china cabinet. That large soup turrine? Maybe a bag. Large teapot? A few balls. Covered dish? The same.
9. The freezer is advantageous for fuzzies such as angora or mohair. Make sure to place in plastic bag first. This is known as the high-fiber diet!
10. Get a really large box and fill it up with lots and lots of yarn. Put a tablecloth over it. Voila, instant dresser (but you can't get your feet underneath it)
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
damn has it really been over a month since i've posted? sheesh. guess i got some 'splainin' to do!!! life is kinda chaotic at the moment. i'm moving in about 4 weeks so i'm in a state upheaval now, as i pack and "liberate" myself from stuff i don't need (i.e., throw $h!t away!!!). bear with me, in a few weeks i hope i'll be settled in the new place and busy knitting and doing all the other stuff i love doing knitting, cooking, baking, gardening, reading, etc.
Posted at 7:55 PM