Friday, February 21, 2014

Catching up

I totally forgot to write an update about my #finishorfrog2014 project! I finished MrJ's socks earlier this month:

I apologize for the not-so-great photo.  The socks are nicely textured, due to the broken seed stitch pattern. I didn't really love the process of knitting them (I think I just didn't love the stitch pattern) but I love the final product. They look really great on him, and one of these days I will get a photo of him wearing them.

The next project I'm working on this weekend isn't mine at all.  A friend of mine recently started a baby bunting (a sleep sack kind of thing) for a new granddaughter who is due to arrive any day now (yay!). However, last week, she had some excruciating pain in her arm and hand which halted her knitting!  I told her I would try to get it finished. I ran into some trouble with the pattern and had to rip out a bit and start over. So part of my plan for the weekend is to finish that up. I am looking forward to being able to present the finished bunting to my friend next week. 

I'd better get to it.


... this has been a QuietStorm production, dahling ...