- I hate using double pointed needles (and straights, too -- see item 3).
- I don’t like when people that I’m not close to say something like, “Knit me a sweater!!” My “nice” answer is, “No, but I’ll teach YOU how to knit so you can knit your own sweater.” The not-so-nice answer which I say to myself is, “HELL NO!!”
- Once I found the joy and beauty and elegance of knitting on circs, I dropped my straight needles like hot rocks. I keep them in vases in my office. They are a nice decoration, if nothing else.
- I love sock yarn and am trying my best to get as much of it as I can.
- I find that I navigate toward reds and pinks, especially lately. Everything I am currently knitting (well except one thing) is a shade of red or pink.
- I am learning to appreciate the gauge swatch.
- Addi Turbos are my favorite circs and I always buy them 2 at a time. I think right now I have 2 each in sizes 0-6.
- I can’t stand knitting with “novelty” yarns … ladders, ribbons, eyelash and all that other crap is not for me. At. All. I'll use it on occasion but only if I have to!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
What are your knitting quirks?
Here are some of mine!
Posted at 3:52 PM