Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cruisin' toward the finish line

So .... in 2013 my friend Lori and I started a sweater knitalong, and Miranda was one of the sweaters that we knitted.  I had gotten pretty far along (down past the armholes), and tried it on.  It didn't fit.  It was way too big, and there wasn't really much I could do except rip it out and start over.  I was so disgusted that I didn't even bother to take a photo to document the awfulness of the sweater.  That was all due to the fact that I didn't bother to knit a gauge swatch. I just bought my yarn, grabbed some needles, picked a size and got to knittin'. Last January (on the 3rd, to be precise), I managed to get my swatch knitted and blocked:

I knitted along on it for a while, then got bored or something and set it aside to work on other stuff.  I'm so easily distracted!  Anyway, I've been working on this again pretty steadily since the fall, and have gotten down to the pocket.  This morning, just for fun, I put it on waste yarn and tried it on. Look!  It fits!

What a difference the right gauge makes!



  1. come here via plurk, and added you to my list.
    lovely design and looks great on you
    (aka knitcroc)


... this has been a QuietStorm production, dahling ...